Pages

Friday, March 13

Good news

One of Christopher's favorite books
 
 
I'm really excited to tell everyone that my Popsicle can read this book. He does skip over a word or two but for the most part he can recognize the words. I have to tell you I didn't have faith in that reading program when Justin was his age. You know My baby can read program on TV.
Justin had way to much energy to sit and read. I ended up walking around the house reading a book to him or listing to audio books.
I just thought why not buy books your child likes and read. That's what they want anyways is time spent with you. Justin was on the move all the time. One problem we seemed to have with his Teachers they didn't have time for that. Which made school hard but at the same time I made it easy for him to understand that it was okay. I think the biggest mistake parents can do is talk about problems in front of their kids when it comes to school. I always tell my boys if it didn't work the first time, it's okay that is just one way that didn't work. There are a hundred more ways to try. If it takes a hundred ways I will be there for all of them working with you until we find a way that works for you. Justin now is out shinning everyone in his class. It's awesome that he can show others his age it's okay to fail that doesn't make them stupid. It means you try now try again. That is one thing his Teacher's love  about about him. Christopher is strongly taking a liking to reading. I love it. It's our cuddle time at the end of the night as a family. We sit and read like clock work. We even act out the book to make it fun. I laugh at what he comes up with when it's his time to act out the page. Just a little milestone I wanted to brag about. It's never to late to read with your child. Start today you might enjoy it.
 

No comments:

Total Pageviews