Pages

Monday, July 13

Lovely night

The night before my son turns twelve. Twelve years ago I held him in my arms at 8:17 pm so many things have changed. He made me a mother over time. I didn't know that holding a tiny little baby would change my whole reason to exist. Life was extremely complicated back then. Looking back he saved me as a person. Jay is a handful at times always on the go. Even now he is older that part hasn't changed. He is excellent at anything he does. If he has a difficult time he stays at it until he gets it. He amazes me with how quickly he catches on to things. My little boy is twelve where did the time go? I'm proud to say I'm his mom. He is a future astronaut who wants to join the military. He says "He wants to have a challenge in his life!" I think he will be. No matter what he does I will support him. In a few short years he will be driving and graduate from High School . I'm not really ready for that yet. He is my baby boy my first born my heart and soul. So many things from his first word that was mommy. To his first steps or run into the kitchen when he was seven months old. I didn't know that was possible at such a young age. He did it then the baby gates and rearranging the furniture came into play. It didn't matter if it was blocking his way he found a way over it under it anyway he could. I admire his heart to want to help and change the way people see the world. He is so full of life. I hope he never changes. These summer vacations we have went on since he was eight has kept that close family bond we all have. I love talking to him because I get to see the world through his eyes. Something rare to do with children. We joke around we share some of the same interests like going on nature hikes playing card games and the interest in learning anything we can. I guess being a parent is like being a kid again. Happy Birthday my darling boy. I hope you have a great day. 

No comments:

Total Pageviews